City of Waukesha — A 17-year-old Waukesha boy was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Jan. 17 with being party to the crime of vehicle theft after allegedly going on a “joy ride” with another 16-year-old boy on Dec. 24.
The two teenagers allegedly stole a 1996 Geo belonging to Jose J. Lopez Cruz around 2 a.m. on Dec. 24, according to the criminal complaint. The defendant discovered the car was unlocked with the keys inside, said the defendant’s friend, and asked him if, “he wanted to go for a ride,” the complaint reads.
They allegedly drove to Milwaukee and picked up friends and went to a mall in Brookfield, according to the complaint.
They also allegedly lost control of the vehicle at one point, sliding into a ditch on W. Sunset Drive near St. Paul Avenue, according to the complaint.
An officer identified Cruz’s vehicle outside Kwik Trip Gas Station, 1908 W. Saint Paul Ave., and defendant and his friend were reported to be inside the car. The defendant contradicted the other teenager in his statement, saying that they came across the vehicle stuck in a ditch in the snow and decided to take it for a joy ride, according to the complaint.
If convicted, the defendant could face up to six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. The defendant’s next expected court date is Jan. 28.
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007