City of Waukesha — Kelly A. Shaw, who is accused of causing a four hour standoff with police last December after allegedly pointing a gun at his wife’s head, was arrested outside Froedtert Medical College of Wisconsin after allegedly violating the terms of his bail.
According to the criminal complaint, Shaw, 58, allegedly became irate after being refused service at the medical facility, asking an employee if, “anybody died yet today?”
Shaw’s wife also works near Froedtert, and he allegedly told personnel that he was going to her place of employment later, according to the complaint. Personnel, concerned for their safety, asked police to notify Shaw that he was no longer welcome at the facility.
Police said in the complaint they did so, but Shaw still returned and was arrested for trespassing. A knife was also allegedly found on Shaw, violating the terms of his release on bail.
On Dec. 5, Shaw refused to exit his home, located at 3001 E. View Court in Waukesha, causing a four hour standoff with police. When he finally exited, he allegedly told police, “I wish I knew you were outside, I would be dead and hopefully two or three cops would be dead,” the complaint reads.
Shaw had firearms hidden throughout his house, according to the complaint, including a 12 gauge shotgun, an AK47 and several handguns.
Shaw’s wife said in the complaint he had allegedly pointed a gun at her three weeks before the standoff. He was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one count of intentionally pointing a firearm at a person and two counts of disorderly conduct.
If convicted of bail jumping, he faces up to nine months in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. His next expected court appearance is Jan. 28.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007