City of Waukesha — Kelly A. Shaw, who is accused of causing a four hour standoff with police last December after allegedly pointing a gun at his wife’s head, was arrested outside Froedtert Medical College of Wisconsin after allegedly violating the terms of his bail.
According to the criminal complaint, Shaw, 58, allegedly became irate after being refused service at the medical facility, asking an employee if, “anybody died yet today?”
Shaw’s wife also works near Froedtert, and he allegedly told personnel that he was going to her place of employment later, according to the complaint. Personnel, concerned for their safety, asked police to notify Shaw that he was no longer welcome at the facility.
Police said in the complaint they did so, but Shaw still returned and was arrested for trespassing. A knife was also allegedly found on Shaw, violating the terms of his release on bail.
On Dec. 5, Shaw refused to exit his home, located at 3001 E. View Court in Waukesha, causing a four hour standoff with police. When he finally exited, he allegedly told police, “I wish I knew you were outside, I would be dead and hopefully two or three cops would be dead,” the complaint reads.
Shaw had firearms hidden throughout his house, according to the complaint, including a 12 gauge shotgun, an AK47 and several handguns.
Shaw’s wife said in the complaint he had allegedly pointed a gun at her three weeks before the standoff. He was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one count of intentionally pointing a firearm at a person and two counts of disorderly conduct.
If convicted of bail jumping, he faces up to nine months in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. His next expected court appearance is Jan. 28.
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts