City of Waukesha — A Waukesha man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony count of strangulation, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor disorderly conduct on Jan. 18 for allegedly strangling his niece.
The 48-year-old man allowed his niece to use his computer to search for jobs on Jan. 16, according to the complaint. An argument ensued and the niece said she threw the computer along with her cigarette onto the floor and walked back to her bedroom, according to the complaint.
The defendant then allegedly grabbed his niece and “in one movement” pushed her onto the bed with his hand around her throat, according to the complaint.
She tried screaming for her mother, but could not, the complaint reads.
The alleged victim’s mother did arrive and an argument ensued between all members of the family, according to the complaint.
The mother told police that her daughter was strangled, but that she had kicked and punched the defendant.
The complaint states that the alleged victim is only 120 pounds, whereas the defendant is in excess of 350 pounds. Marks indicating strangulation were found on the alleged victim’s neck, according to the complaint.
If convicted of all charges, the defendant could face up to seven years in prison, $21,000 in fines, or both.
The defendant’s next expected court date is Jan. 28
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007