City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 Municipal election.
Jackie Valdie registered Friday with the City Clerk's office as a write in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek reelection. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan 5 deadline, she changed her mind. She said some constituents and other city residents urged her to seek reelection by running as a write in candidate.
Valdie said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake shore residential and business districts.
Lazysnki said she would announce her plans for instructing voters on how to write her name on the ballot later in the campaign.
Valdie said she would write a letter to voters in the district informing them of her candidacy and then conduct a door to door campaign to inform them how to write in her name.
Valdie has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single issue candidate and would look forward to work ing with her constitutents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007