City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 Municipal election.
Jackie Valdie registered Friday with the City Clerk's office as a write in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek reelection. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan 5 deadline, she changed her mind. She said some constituents and other city residents urged her to seek reelection by running as a write in candidate.
Valdie said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake shore residential and business districts.
Lazysnki said she would announce her plans for instructing voters on how to write her name on the ballot later in the campaign.
Valdie said she would write a letter to voters in the district informing them of her candidacy and then conduct a door to door campaign to inform them how to write in her name.
Valdie has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single issue candidate and would look forward to work ing with her constitutents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts