Drivers in Waukesha County beware: cold weather has not stopped construction season. Beginning Jan. 28, drivers will begin to see closures at I-43 northbound in Waukesha County between WIS 83 and WIS 164.
This may sound familiar, as the southbound lanes of this stretch were completed last year. Northbound, however, has not been resurfaced since the early 1990s. This $13.4 million project sponsored by a mix of state and federal funding will also help to rehabilitate some bridges in that stretch.
While the schedule is dependent on weather, the first closure of Oakdale Road at I-43 is expected to begin Jan. 28 and last approximately four weeks. HiLo Drive is expected to close around Feb. 5, again for four weeks. Edgewood Avenue will close after Oakdale reopens, and will last approximately 11 weeks. It is yet to be determined how Evergreen Drive will be affected.
The project is expected to be complete before Thanksgiving 2013.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts