Drivers in Waukesha County beware: cold weather has not stopped construction season. Beginning Jan. 28, drivers will begin to see closures at I-43 northbound in Waukesha County between WIS 83 and WIS 164.
This may sound familiar, as the southbound lanes of this stretch were completed last year. Northbound, however, has not been resurfaced since the early 1990s. This $13.4 million project sponsored by a mix of state and federal funding will also help to rehabilitate some bridges in that stretch.
While the schedule is dependent on weather, the first closure of Oakdale Road at I-43 is expected to begin Jan. 28 and last approximately four weeks. HiLo Drive is expected to close around Feb. 5, again for four weeks. Edgewood Avenue will close after Oakdale reopens, and will last approximately 11 weeks. It is yet to be determined how Evergreen Drive will be affected.
The project is expected to be complete before Thanksgiving 2013.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts