Drivers in Waukesha County beware: cold weather has not stopped construction season. Beginning Jan. 28, drivers will begin to see closures at I-43 northbound in Waukesha County between WIS 83 and WIS 164.
This may sound familiar, as the southbound lanes of this stretch were completed last year. Northbound, however, has not been resurfaced since the early 1990s. This $13.4 million project sponsored by a mix of state and federal funding will also help to rehabilitate some bridges in that stretch.
While the schedule is dependent on weather, the first closure of Oakdale Road at I-43 is expected to begin Jan. 28 and last approximately four weeks. HiLo Drive is expected to close around Feb. 5, again for four weeks. Edgewood Avenue will close after Oakdale reopens, and will last approximately 11 weeks. It is yet to be determined how Evergreen Drive will be affected.
The project is expected to be complete before Thanksgiving 2013.
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts