Drivers in Waukesha County beware: cold weather has not stopped construction season. Beginning Jan. 28, drivers will begin to see closures at I-43 northbound in Waukesha County between WIS 83 and WIS 164.
This may sound familiar, as the southbound lanes of this stretch were completed last year. Northbound, however, has not been resurfaced since the early 1990s. This $13.4 million project sponsored by a mix of state and federal funding will also help to rehabilitate some bridges in that stretch.
While the schedule is dependent on weather, the first closure of Oakdale Road at I-43 is expected to begin Jan. 28 and last approximately four weeks. HiLo Drive is expected to close around Feb. 5, again for four weeks. Edgewood Avenue will close after Oakdale reopens, and will last approximately 11 weeks. It is yet to be determined how Evergreen Drive will be affected.
The project is expected to be complete before Thanksgiving 2013.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts