Drivers in Waukesha County beware: cold weather has not stopped construction season. Beginning Jan. 28, drivers will begin to see closures at I-43 northbound in Waukesha County between WIS 83 and WIS 164.
This may sound familiar, as the southbound lanes of this stretch were completed last year. Northbound, however, has not been resurfaced since the early 1990s. This $13.4 million project sponsored by a mix of state and federal funding will also help to rehabilitate some bridges in that stretch.
While the schedule is dependent on weather, the first closure of Oakdale Road at I-43 is expected to begin Jan. 28 and last approximately four weeks. HiLo Drive is expected to close around Feb. 5, again for four weeks. Edgewood Avenue will close after Oakdale reopens, and will last approximately 11 weeks. It is yet to be determined how Evergreen Drive will be affected.
The project is expected to be complete before Thanksgiving 2013.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts