Each season has its unique beauty.
Only in winter can we walk on water, glide over hills and make wonderful creations out of snow.
Two events this weekend celebrate the season.
Winterfest at SandBar Sports Pub on Prospect Avenue in Pewaukee finds all sorts of ways to have an ice time.
Hosted by the Pewaukee Lake Sportsman’s Club, the day includes a free ice fishing clinic on Pewaukee Lake from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The club will provide all equipment along with free hot dogs, cocoa and prizes for the kids.
The Polar Plunge takes place at noon. Other activities include nine-hole ice golf, meat raffles, 50/50 raffles, door prizes, $500 first prize cash raffle and live music beginning at 4 p.m.
On Sunday from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. there will be an Ice fishing tournament.
For more information on Winterfest at Sandbar Sports Pub call (414) 640-0557 or go to sandbarsportspub.com.
A Community Winter Festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Stone Bank Road in Merton.
The event includes a kickball tournament, games, Christmas tree burning, raffle, food and beverages. A chili supper will be served from 4 to 6 p.m.
If your idea of enjoying winter is a hearty meal then head over to the fish fry from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at St. Charles Catholic Church, 313 Circle Drive, Hartland.
All-you-can-eat meal includes baked or battered fried cod, French fries or potato pancakes, coleslaw, rye bread and beverages. Carryouts available.
Costs are $10.50 adults, $6.25 children 4 to 12, free for children 3 and younger. A grilled cheese sandwich is available for $5.50. Seniors get $1 off from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
And if you’ve got a hankering for something less traditional, head over to the Annual Coon Feed starting at 5 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Post 196, 333 N. Lapham Peak Road in Delafield.
Proceeds benefit Legion youth programs
Cost is $12 for adults and $6 for children.
Call (262) 646-3930 for information.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts