Derek M. Olson, 2416 Springdale Rd. #202, was charged with three counts of burglary of a building and one count of armed burglary after allegedly stealing two guns and a compound hunting bow from one of the homes. All the burglaries took place on Sept. 26.
Ingrid Herzog, 2016 Ruben Dr., told police she pulled into her driveway on Sept. 16 and saw two backpacks in her backyard, according to the criminal complaint. When she went to look at the backpacks, she saw a man, believed by police to be Olson, standing behind some bushes. According to the complaint, the man fled.
Herzog told police five bottles of liquor, seven shot glasses and a laptop with software were missing.
At 2014 Ruben Dr. a glass pane patio door was shattered with a flower pot. According to the complaint, a handwritten note in the kitchen stated: “Sorry 4 breaking your door. Next time lock your door [expletive]. BTW [By the way] I didn’t take your stuff.” Olson allegedly told police after he was arrested that he left the note to make it look like the burglary was, “personal to the homeowner,” according to the complaint.
At 2002 Ruben Dr. the homeowner told police two guns, a Nintendo Wii, several video games and a compound hunting bow were stolen. A resident at 2000 Ruben Dr. reported a television stolen.
The defendant allegedly admitted to the thefts, and several of the items were recovered.
If convicted of all charges, Olson could face up to 51 years in prison, $125,000 in fines, or both. The defendant’s next expected court date is Feb. 4.
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts