Oconomowoc — A 31-year-old woman was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with allegedly driving her car into her mother’s house while intoxicated on Jan. 19.
Julaine S. Ostrowski, 1241 S. Waterville Lake Rd., was charged on Jan. 21 with felony criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and drunken driving, her fifth such offense since 1997.
Ostrowski allegedly got into a physical argument with her mother over her ability to drive. The defendant’s mother refused to let Ostrowski leave with her two children, believing the defendant was drunk. The defendant’s mother told police she “wrestled” the two children away from Ostrowski and locked them in an upstairs bedroom.
Ostrowski then allegedly got into her green Chrysler mini van and rammed it into the side of the house, causing an estimated $5,000 in damages. She then fled the scene.
Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department pulled Ostrowski over on Lisbon Road in Menomonee Falls. The officer said the defendant’s eyes were glassy and bloodshot and her speech was slurred. The front bumper of the vehicle was hanging off and the right quarter panel was missing.
The defendant registered a .184 on a breath test, twice the legal limit, and was placed under arrest.
If convicted of all charges, Ostrowski could face up to 10 years in prison, $21,000 in fines, or both.
Ostrowski’s next expected court appearance is Jan. 30.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts