Oconomowoc — A 31-year-old woman was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with allegedly driving her car into her mother’s house while intoxicated on Jan. 19.
Julaine S. Ostrowski, 1241 S. Waterville Lake Rd., was charged on Jan. 21 with felony criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and drunken driving, her fifth such offense since 1997.
Ostrowski allegedly got into a physical argument with her mother over her ability to drive. The defendant’s mother refused to let Ostrowski leave with her two children, believing the defendant was drunk. The defendant’s mother told police she “wrestled” the two children away from Ostrowski and locked them in an upstairs bedroom.
Ostrowski then allegedly got into her green Chrysler mini van and rammed it into the side of the house, causing an estimated $5,000 in damages. She then fled the scene.
Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department pulled Ostrowski over on Lisbon Road in Menomonee Falls. The officer said the defendant’s eyes were glassy and bloodshot and her speech was slurred. The front bumper of the vehicle was hanging off and the right quarter panel was missing.
The defendant registered a .184 on a breath test, twice the legal limit, and was placed under arrest.
If convicted of all charges, Ostrowski could face up to 10 years in prison, $21,000 in fines, or both.
Ostrowski’s next expected court appearance is Jan. 30.
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts