City of Oconomowoc — A 27-year-old Oconomowoc man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Jan. 22 for allegedly robbing an Oconomowoc car maintenance shop last summer.
Joshua G. Watkins was charged with one felony count of burglary for the July 7 robbery of Valvoline Quick Oil Change, 1111 Summit Ave.
According to the complaint:
An assistant manager arrived at the store at 10:30 a.m. on July 8 and found that the overnight bank deposit bag was missing and the cash register was emptied. The deposit bag contained approximately $300 and the register contained $100.
Video surveillance from the store showed a subject wearing white gloves and a bright yellow shirt enter the building the night prior. The assistant manager told police he recognized the shoes and shirt as belonging to Watkins, a former employee of the Valvoline. He also noted that the subject seemed to know where the security cameras were located because he positioned himself in areas where it would be difficult to see his face.
“Further, the way the defendant walked and stood at the register was the exact same way the defendant walked and stood,” the complaint reads.
If convicted of all charges, Watkins could face more than 12 years in prison, $25,000 in fines, or both.
Watkins’ next expected court date is Feb. 4.
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007