Waukesha — Brandon M. Melton, 22, convicted of second-degree sexual assault after having sex with a 13-year-old girl and inappropriately touching three other children, was released back into the community on Jan. 22.
Melton will be residing at 1100 E. Main Street in the City of Waukesha, according to a Waukesha Police Department news release. Melton was convicted of second-degree sexual assault in 2009, for which he received four years in prison and eight years extended supervision.
He was convicted of having sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl and inappropriately touched two other 13-year-old girls. He also exposed himself to a 10-year-old boy and forced him to touch his penis, the news release reads. All of the victims were acquaintances of Melton. He is currently appealing the conviction.
He will be a life registrant with the sex offender registry and is not to have any unsupervised contact with minors. He is also barred from taverns, bars, or liquor stores and may not possess or consume alcohol or illegal drugs. He will be under GPS monitoring while under supervision.
The news release warns that citizens who threaten, intimidate or harass registered sex offenders will not be tolerated and could jeopardize the community notification program.
“We believe the only person who wins if community notification ends is the sex offender, since sex offenders derive their power through secrecy,” the news release reads.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts