A garbage can on fire outside the garage of a house on Squire Lane in the Town of Mukwonago spread to the garage before fire crews could contain the blaze Friday afternoon. The fire breached the attic of the house but did not spread into the lower levels of the house, according to Mukwonago Fire Chief Jeff Stien.
Town of Mukwonago resident Adam Sutkiewicz took this photo of his neighbor's house on Squire Lane. Sutkiewicz said he heard several explosions from the fire.
Family members in the house got out safely and no firefighters were injured in the fire. Stein said there was no estimate on cost of damage as the investigation is continuing at this time.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts