Town of Ottawa – A 17-year-old student at the Lad Lake residential treatment center was charged on Jan. 28 with substantial battery after allegedly punching a school therapist last week, breaking his nose.
Leonard D. Wilson, a Milwaukee resident, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony substantial battery and a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint:
School therapist Patrick Schultz told police he went to the defendant’s room at the Lad Lake school after hearing a loud noise. He found the defendant allegedly destroying school property and brought Wilson to the school’s seclusion room.
Wilson was allegedly making suicidal statements, claiming he was going to kill himself. Witnesses told police he was kicking the door to the seclusion room and yelling that he wanted to fight the school deputy.
Schultz entered the room to talk to Wilson, and the defendant allegedly punched him in the nose without warning. Schultz was subsequently transported to the Pro Health Care Medical Facility for treatment.
If convicted of all charges, the defendant could face more than three years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
Wilson’s next expected court date is Feb. 7.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts