Town of Ottawa – A 17-year-old student at the Lad Lake residential treatment center was charged on Jan. 28 with substantial battery after allegedly punching a school therapist last week, breaking his nose.
Leonard D. Wilson, a Milwaukee resident, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony substantial battery and a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint:
School therapist Patrick Schultz told police he went to the defendant’s room at the Lad Lake school after hearing a loud noise. He found the defendant allegedly destroying school property and brought Wilson to the school’s seclusion room.
Wilson was allegedly making suicidal statements, claiming he was going to kill himself. Witnesses told police he was kicking the door to the seclusion room and yelling that he wanted to fight the school deputy.
Schultz entered the room to talk to Wilson, and the defendant allegedly punched him in the nose without warning. Schultz was subsequently transported to the Pro Health Care Medical Facility for treatment.
If convicted of all charges, the defendant could face more than three years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
Wilson’s next expected court date is Feb. 7.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts