Town of Ottawa – A 17-year-old student at the Lad Lake residential treatment center was charged on Jan. 28 with substantial battery after allegedly punching a school therapist last week, breaking his nose.
Leonard D. Wilson, a Milwaukee resident, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony substantial battery and a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint:
School therapist Patrick Schultz told police he went to the defendant’s room at the Lad Lake school after hearing a loud noise. He found the defendant allegedly destroying school property and brought Wilson to the school’s seclusion room.
Wilson was allegedly making suicidal statements, claiming he was going to kill himself. Witnesses told police he was kicking the door to the seclusion room and yelling that he wanted to fight the school deputy.
Schultz entered the room to talk to Wilson, and the defendant allegedly punched him in the nose without warning. Schultz was subsequently transported to the Pro Health Care Medical Facility for treatment.
If convicted of all charges, the defendant could face more than three years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
Wilson’s next expected court date is Feb. 7.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007