There are so many reasons to get out of the house this weekend, it’ll almost make you wish winter would never end. Almost.
If you’re a word person or could spend hours playing cards join kindred spirits for Scrabble and Cards starting at 10 a.m. Friday at the Pewaukee Public Library, 210 Main St., Pewaukee.
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, pick up some great winter reads at the Used Book Sale: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 2, Delafield Chamber of Commerce, 421 Main St., Delafield. Vintage and youth/teen books will be half price. Proceeds benefit library programs.
There’s nothing more exciting than a race, especially when it involves super-speedy, custom built racers. Join the fun at the Pinewood Derby from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at Ewald Auto Group, 36833 E. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc. The event is hosted by Summit Elementary School's Cub Scout Pack 49. Pizza, chips and drinks available for purchase.
And if you don’t mind getting out into the cold and snow head over to Sussex Village Park for the Sledding Party from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. The park is located on Weaver Drive in Sussex. Bring your sled, toboggan or tube.
To see all that’s going on in Lake Country this weekend, visit LivingLakeCountry.com
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts