Trevor D. Schwigel, W299 N6700 County Road E in Hartland, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Jan. 26. He had previously been convicted of drunken driving in October 2011.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police responded to an accident at approximately 10 a.m. on Jan. 26 at CTH VV in the area of Lake Road. Schwigel allegedly told police he was driving home after leaving work and his tires hit a patch of fresh snow on the road’s shoulder. He then steered away and crossed over into oncoming traffic, smashing into a blue truck. The driver of the blue truck was not transported to the hospital, but told police he had neck pain.
Schwigel was asked if he had anything to drink before driving and allegedly told police he had not. A breath test was performed and the defendant blew a reported value of .171, almost twice the legal limit.
Schwigel was supposed to have an ignition interlock device in his vehicle because of his previous drunken driving conviction, but he was driving his sister’s car.
The defendant allegedly later told police that he had been drinking the previous night, but had slept for seven hours.
If convicted, the defendant could face up to six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. The defendant could also lose his license for up to two years.
Schwigel’s next expected court date is March 8.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007