Trevor D. Schwigel, W299 N6700 County Road E in Hartland, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Jan. 26. He had previously been convicted of drunken driving in October 2011.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police responded to an accident at approximately 10 a.m. on Jan. 26 at CTH VV in the area of Lake Road. Schwigel allegedly told police he was driving home after leaving work and his tires hit a patch of fresh snow on the road’s shoulder. He then steered away and crossed over into oncoming traffic, smashing into a blue truck. The driver of the blue truck was not transported to the hospital, but told police he had neck pain.
Schwigel was asked if he had anything to drink before driving and allegedly told police he had not. A breath test was performed and the defendant blew a reported value of .171, almost twice the legal limit.
Schwigel was supposed to have an ignition interlock device in his vehicle because of his previous drunken driving conviction, but he was driving his sister’s car.
The defendant allegedly later told police that he had been drinking the previous night, but had slept for seven hours.
If convicted, the defendant could face up to six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. The defendant could also lose his license for up to two years.
Schwigel’s next expected court date is March 8.
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts