Trevor D. Schwigel, W299 N6700 County Road E in Hartland, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Jan. 26. He had previously been convicted of drunken driving in October 2011.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police responded to an accident at approximately 10 a.m. on Jan. 26 at CTH VV in the area of Lake Road. Schwigel allegedly told police he was driving home after leaving work and his tires hit a patch of fresh snow on the road’s shoulder. He then steered away and crossed over into oncoming traffic, smashing into a blue truck. The driver of the blue truck was not transported to the hospital, but told police he had neck pain.
Schwigel was asked if he had anything to drink before driving and allegedly told police he had not. A breath test was performed and the defendant blew a reported value of .171, almost twice the legal limit.
Schwigel was supposed to have an ignition interlock device in his vehicle because of his previous drunken driving conviction, but he was driving his sister’s car.
The defendant allegedly later told police that he had been drinking the previous night, but had slept for seven hours.
If convicted, the defendant could face up to six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both. The defendant could also lose his license for up to two years.
Schwigel’s next expected court date is March 8.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts