Mukwonago, Eagle, Vernon, and Wales/Genesee are just some of the fire departments that sent units over night to respond to the eight-alarm fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
According to JSOnline, the fire has been burning since 6:05 p.m. Wednesday night and as of this morning is still not under control. Nearly 80 departments from southeast Wisconsin and some from Illinois have responded to fight the blaze.
Mukwonago Fire Chief Jeff Stien said they had sent one truck last night to help pump water and their group returned early this morning. Similarly, Vernon Fire Department sent one truck with three men over night to assist in pumping water to the scene. Those firefighters have since returned.
A representative from the North Prairie Fire Department said their department is on call as an alternate unit when needed.
So far there have been no injuries reported from the scene and the surrounding area has been evacuated while crews continue to fire the fire.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts