Mukwonago, Eagle, Vernon, and Wales/Genesee are just some of the fire departments that sent units over night to respond to the eight-alarm fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
According to JSOnline, the fire has been burning since 6:05 p.m. Wednesday night and as of this morning is still not under control. Nearly 80 departments from southeast Wisconsin and some from Illinois have responded to fight the blaze.
Mukwonago Fire Chief Jeff Stien said they had sent one truck last night to help pump water and their group returned early this morning. Similarly, Vernon Fire Department sent one truck with three men over night to assist in pumping water to the scene. Those firefighters have since returned.
A representative from the North Prairie Fire Department said their department is on call as an alternate unit when needed.
So far there have been no injuries reported from the scene and the surrounding area has been evacuated while crews continue to fire the fire.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts