Mukwonago, Eagle, Vernon, and Wales/Genesee are just some of the fire departments that sent units over night to respond to the eight-alarm fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
According to JSOnline, the fire has been burning since 6:05 p.m. Wednesday night and as of this morning is still not under control. Nearly 80 departments from southeast Wisconsin and some from Illinois have responded to fight the blaze.
Mukwonago Fire Chief Jeff Stien said they had sent one truck last night to help pump water and their group returned early this morning. Similarly, Vernon Fire Department sent one truck with three men over night to assist in pumping water to the scene. Those firefighters have since returned.
A representative from the North Prairie Fire Department said their department is on call as an alternate unit when needed.
So far there have been no injuries reported from the scene and the surrounding area has been evacuated while crews continue to fire the fire.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts