Mukwonago, Eagle, Vernon, and Wales/Genesee are just some of the fire departments that sent units over night to respond to the eight-alarm fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
According to JSOnline, the fire has been burning since 6:05 p.m. Wednesday night and as of this morning is still not under control. Nearly 80 departments from southeast Wisconsin and some from Illinois have responded to fight the blaze.
Mukwonago Fire Chief Jeff Stien said they had sent one truck last night to help pump water and their group returned early this morning. Similarly, Vernon Fire Department sent one truck with three men over night to assist in pumping water to the scene. Those firefighters have since returned.
A representative from the North Prairie Fire Department said their department is on call as an alternate unit when needed.
So far there have been no injuries reported from the scene and the surrounding area has been evacuated while crews continue to fire the fire.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts