Overnight bitter cold temperatures again caused problems for local firefighters addressing a house fire in the Town of Eagle.
A call came in around 11:30p.m. regarding a fire at W347 S7281 Sprague Road in the Town of Eagle. Sprague Road was temporarily blocked off on both sides of the scene while crews addressed the blaze.
Twelve units from Waukesha, Walworth, and Jefferson county responded to the four alarm fire. During the blaze units had to address frozen equipment challenging their water supply and icy conditions as temperatures dipped into single digits and windchills well below zero.
North Prairie Auxiliary and City of Waukesha Metro ambulances were dispatched to provide shelter and warmth for those on scene. The scene was cleared after nearly 6 hours fighting the blaze.
The fire is thought to have started from a fire place in the basement of the home. The residents were alerted by working fire alarms and were able to evacuate safely and report the fire. According to the Eagle Fire Department, those residents have been set-up to stay with family.
Andy Shird, Deputy Chief of Eagle Fire Department said that there is expansive damage to the home and the family will be displaced for quite some time.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007