Waukesha — A 36-year-old man from Oconomowoc was charged with allegedly point a gun at another man he thought was from Illinois during a Jan. 4 driving dispute.
Michael J Bukosky, 525 Frederick Ct. in Oconomowoc, was charged on Jan. 31 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a misdemeanor count of pointing a firearm at another.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police were dispatched to the area of N. Grandview Boulevard and Silvernail Road at approximately 6:35 p.m. on Jan. 4. Complainant Nathaniel Forseth said he was driving westbound on I-94 and exited at Grandview Boulevard. In so doing, he said he accidentally cut off another vehicle.
The driver of the other vehicle then followed Forseth, with each of the drivers trying to speed up and get in front of one another. The other driver got in front of Forseth and began slamming the brakes intermittently, at which point the defendant said he switched lanes.
Both vehicles stopped at the intersection of Grandview Boulevard and Silvernail Road. Forseth told police that he and defendant began cursing at each other, with Bukosky allegedly saying, “I’m going to kick your [expletive] to your state.” Forseth said the vehicle he was driving belonged to his grandfather and had Illinois license plates.
Forseth said Bukosky then allegedly pulled out a black handgun and pointed it at the complainant saying, “That’s right, don’t [expletive] around in a [concealed] carry state.”
Both the complainant and Bukosky called police. Bukosky told police he thought Forseth pulled out a gun during the incident, and pulled out his gun in response. Forseth told police he did not possess a handgun and a search of his vehicle did not turn up any weapons. Forseth was not charged.
If convicted of all charges, Bukosky could face up to nine months in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is Feb. 11.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts