A 23-year-old woman from Delafield was charged with resisting arrest and battery after allegedly biting a police officer during a Feb. 1 arrest in Waukesha for drunken driving.
Breanna K. Vetterman, N6 W31610 Huckleberry Way S in Delafield, was charged on Feb. 1 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery of a peace officer, resisting an officer and causing soft tissue injury, operating while intoxicated, second offense, and operating while revoked.
According to the criminal complaint:
A police officer initiated a traffic stop at approximately 12:20 a.m. on a vehicle with a burned out brake light on Sunset Drive in the City of Waukesha. The officer said the driver, Vetterman, allegedly smelled of liquor and had slurred speech. Vetterman told the officer at the time she only had one glass of wine, but later allegedly said she had two.
She failed several field sobriety tests administered, and had a reported value of .134 on a preliminary breath test. She was convicted of drunken driving in September of 2010, and as a result was supposed to have an ignition interlock device on her vehicle.
The defendant was placed under arrest and transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a blood test. She was allegedly “extremely upset” and swearing at the officer transporting her to the hospital.
At the hospital, she refused to submit to a blood test. Three officers attempted to restrain the defendant as she thrashed around, handcuffing her to the bed. She then allegedly bit one of the officers on the forearm, leaving a mark. The blood was eventually drawn and the bitten officer was treated at the hospital.
If convicted of all charges, Vetterman could face more than 12 years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007