A 23-year-old woman from Delafield was charged with resisting arrest and battery after allegedly biting a police officer during a Feb. 1 arrest in Waukesha for drunken driving.
Breanna K. Vetterman, N6 W31610 Huckleberry Way S in Delafield, was charged on Feb. 1 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery of a peace officer, resisting an officer and causing soft tissue injury, operating while intoxicated, second offense, and operating while revoked.
According to the criminal complaint:
A police officer initiated a traffic stop at approximately 12:20 a.m. on a vehicle with a burned out brake light on Sunset Drive in the City of Waukesha. The officer said the driver, Vetterman, allegedly smelled of liquor and had slurred speech. Vetterman told the officer at the time she only had one glass of wine, but later allegedly said she had two.
She failed several field sobriety tests administered, and had a reported value of .134 on a preliminary breath test. She was convicted of drunken driving in September of 2010, and as a result was supposed to have an ignition interlock device on her vehicle.
The defendant was placed under arrest and transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a blood test. She was allegedly “extremely upset” and swearing at the officer transporting her to the hospital.
At the hospital, she refused to submit to a blood test. Three officers attempted to restrain the defendant as she thrashed around, handcuffing her to the bed. She then allegedly bit one of the officers on the forearm, leaving a mark. The blood was eventually drawn and the bitten officer was treated at the hospital.
If convicted of all charges, Vetterman could face more than 12 years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts