A 23-year-old woman from Delafield was charged with resisting arrest and battery after allegedly biting a police officer during a Feb. 1 arrest in Waukesha for drunken driving.
Breanna K. Vetterman, N6 W31610 Huckleberry Way S in Delafield, was charged on Feb. 1 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery of a peace officer, resisting an officer and causing soft tissue injury, operating while intoxicated, second offense, and operating while revoked.
According to the criminal complaint:
A police officer initiated a traffic stop at approximately 12:20 a.m. on a vehicle with a burned out brake light on Sunset Drive in the City of Waukesha. The officer said the driver, Vetterman, allegedly smelled of liquor and had slurred speech. Vetterman told the officer at the time she only had one glass of wine, but later allegedly said she had two.
She failed several field sobriety tests administered, and had a reported value of .134 on a preliminary breath test. She was convicted of drunken driving in September of 2010, and as a result was supposed to have an ignition interlock device on her vehicle.
The defendant was placed under arrest and transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a blood test. She was allegedly “extremely upset” and swearing at the officer transporting her to the hospital.
At the hospital, she refused to submit to a blood test. Three officers attempted to restrain the defendant as she thrashed around, handcuffing her to the bed. She then allegedly bit one of the officers on the forearm, leaving a mark. The blood was eventually drawn and the bitten officer was treated at the hospital.
If convicted of all charges, Vetterman could face more than 12 years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter (0)
- Chamber boat ride tomorrow (0)
- Mukwonago woman accused of reckless homicide for connection to overdose death (0)
- 'New to OHS' Open House set for Aug. 26 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts