February is American Heart Month and a time to raise awareness about the risks associated with heart disease in women. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), heart disease kills one in three women each year – that’s approximately one woman every minute.
As owners of The Woodhouse Day Spa franchise in Mukwonago, Susie Hotz and Cheryl Berg have been serving women in their community since 2006 and feel it’s their duty to bring attention to this growing health problem. That’s why on Monday, Feb. 11 from 5 to 7 p.m., The Woodhouse Day Spa will host a Go Red for Women event and blood drive at 325 Bay View Rd., Suite F in Mukwonago.
“Heart disease has affected all of us in one way or another and we wanted to host an event that provides educational services for women as well as relaxing spa treatments in honor of AHA’s Go Red For Women campaign,” said Hotz.
Guests at the event will have the opportunity to speak with various health professionals on hand about preventing heart disease, including a nutritionist, personal trainer and experts from ProHealth Care. Complimentary skin analysis, mini massages, lip exfoliation with red lipstick application and a red polish change will also be available as well as 10-percent off any service booked the night of the event. Those who wish to donate blood through Blood Center of Wisconsin can do so anytime between 3 and 7 p.m. and will receive 10,000 Woodhouse Reward Points.
Guests are asked to R.S.V.P. for the event by calling the spa at (262) 363-8878. Blood donors should also set an appointment time between 3 and 7 p.m. by visiting the spa website or calling the spa.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts