City of Waukesha - A 30-year-old man was charged after allegedly smashing a pint glass on a man’s head, causing a skull fracture, at a wedding at the Country Springs Hotel last August.
Randy S. Lunda of Racine was charged on Feb. 4 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony aggravated battery, repeater.
Lunda previously pleaded guilty to fleeing or eluding an officer and resisting arrest in 2006, according to online court records.
According to the criminal complaint:
Jamyn Rukavina, a guest at the wedding, was outside the Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. in Waukesha, smoking a cigarette with another man. Steve Martin, the bartender at the wedding, said Rukavine was drunk and he stopped serving him earlier in the evening, “because he was being a jerk.”
The mother of Lunda’s girlfriend said that Rukavina had been making a scene during the wedding reception and causing a disturbance.
The defendant came up to Rukavine and told him, “If you have something to say, then say it to my face,” the complaint reads. Lunda then allegedly smashed a pint glass into Jamyn’s face, chipping a tooth and knocking Rukavine unconscious for three or four minutes.
The bartender said he had served Lunda approximately 10 beers throughout the night.
Rukavina told police a week later that he had visited the hospital multiple times, and had been diagnosed with a skull fracture and six centimeter brain bleed as a result of the incident.
Lunda had fled the scene before police arrived, but was contacted by police on Aug. 23. He told police Rukavina had been making inappropriate comments about his girlfriend’s son.
If convicted, Lunda could face up to 10 years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is Feb. 25.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007