City of Waukesha - A 30-year-old man was charged after allegedly smashing a pint glass on a man’s head, causing a skull fracture, at a wedding at the Country Springs Hotel last August.
Randy S. Lunda of Racine was charged on Feb. 4 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony aggravated battery, repeater.
Lunda previously pleaded guilty to fleeing or eluding an officer and resisting arrest in 2006, according to online court records.
According to the criminal complaint:
Jamyn Rukavina, a guest at the wedding, was outside the Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. in Waukesha, smoking a cigarette with another man. Steve Martin, the bartender at the wedding, said Rukavine was drunk and he stopped serving him earlier in the evening, “because he was being a jerk.”
The mother of Lunda’s girlfriend said that Rukavina had been making a scene during the wedding reception and causing a disturbance.
The defendant came up to Rukavine and told him, “If you have something to say, then say it to my face,” the complaint reads. Lunda then allegedly smashed a pint glass into Jamyn’s face, chipping a tooth and knocking Rukavine unconscious for three or four minutes.
The bartender said he had served Lunda approximately 10 beers throughout the night.
Rukavina told police a week later that he had visited the hospital multiple times, and had been diagnosed with a skull fracture and six centimeter brain bleed as a result of the incident.
Lunda had fled the scene before police arrived, but was contacted by police on Aug. 23. He told police Rukavina had been making inappropriate comments about his girlfriend’s son.
If convicted, Lunda could face up to 10 years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is Feb. 25.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts