Rodell Singert, Daniel Scherbarth, and Sandy Porter have chosen not to participate in tonight's forum for Town of Vernon candidates.
In a letter addressed to the neighbors and fellow electors of Vernon, the group outlined their reasons for choosing not to participate in the Feb. 6 forum at Town Hall.
There are four main points, two of which explain that the forum schedule for March 5th would be sufficient. They believe that forum would be more effective seeing as it is closer to the election and "voter interested is high and informed citizens enthusiastic to learn of the concerns and issues facing our town."
The group also states that they feel the moderator chosen does not meet the required qualifications for moderator. They claim a "conflict of interest and questionable bias." They would like to participate in the selection of the moderator for the March forum.
The group also said they were never approached about availability for the forums and would like input for agreement on one date in March that works best for all candidates.
Singert is challenging Supervisor Thomas Bird for the Supervisor 2 position. Scherbarth is challenging Supervisor Bill Craig for Supervisor 4. Porter is one of two new candidates, facing off with Karen Schuh for the clerk position.
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts