Rodell Singert, Daniel Scherbarth, and Sandy Porter have chosen not to participate in tonight's forum for Town of Vernon candidates.
In a letter addressed to the neighbors and fellow electors of Vernon, the group outlined their reasons for choosing not to participate in the Feb. 6 forum at Town Hall.
There are four main points, two of which explain that the forum schedule for March 5th would be sufficient. They believe that forum would be more effective seeing as it is closer to the election and "voter interested is high and informed citizens enthusiastic to learn of the concerns and issues facing our town."
The group also states that they feel the moderator chosen does not meet the required qualifications for moderator. They claim a "conflict of interest and questionable bias." They would like to participate in the selection of the moderator for the March forum.
The group also said they were never approached about availability for the forums and would like input for agreement on one date in March that works best for all candidates.
Singert is challenging Supervisor Thomas Bird for the Supervisor 2 position. Scherbarth is challenging Supervisor Bill Craig for Supervisor 4. Porter is one of two new candidates, facing off with Karen Schuh for the clerk position.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts