Rodell Singert, Daniel Scherbarth, and Sandy Porter have chosen not to participate in tonight's forum for Town of Vernon candidates.
In a letter addressed to the neighbors and fellow electors of Vernon, the group outlined their reasons for choosing not to participate in the Feb. 6 forum at Town Hall.
There are four main points, two of which explain that the forum schedule for March 5th would be sufficient. They believe that forum would be more effective seeing as it is closer to the election and "voter interested is high and informed citizens enthusiastic to learn of the concerns and issues facing our town."
The group also states that they feel the moderator chosen does not meet the required qualifications for moderator. They claim a "conflict of interest and questionable bias." They would like to participate in the selection of the moderator for the March forum.
The group also said they were never approached about availability for the forums and would like input for agreement on one date in March that works best for all candidates.
Singert is challenging Supervisor Thomas Bird for the Supervisor 2 position. Scherbarth is challenging Supervisor Bill Craig for Supervisor 4. Porter is one of two new candidates, facing off with Karen Schuh for the clerk position.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts