City of Waukesha — A 34-year-old homeless man was charged with misdemeanor resisting an officer and disorderly conduct after allegedly screaming obscenities and refusing to leave the Alano Club, a “bar” for recovering alcoholics, on Feb. 9.
Jacob J. Smith was “extremely intoxicated” according to the criminal complaint, registering a .267 on a police administered breath test.
He has been arrested 35 times since the age of 17, according to the complaint, and had just been released from prison on Jan. 31. He was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Feb. 11.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police found Smith laying down inside the Alano Club, 318 W. Broadway, at around 7:45 p.m. on Feb. 9. Patron Michael Mann said Smith was yelling at people outside on Broadway before coming inside and saying he was homeless. Mann bought Smith food and coffee and the man allegedly began screaming obscenities and causing a disturbance.
Smith was alleged to be so loud an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting upstairs in the premises was disrupted and members came down to see what all the yelling and commotion was about.
Smith then laid on the floor and refused to leave. Police arrested Smith, who shouted slurs at the arresting officers.
While police were walking him to the squad car he tensed up and allegedly appeared to be ready to lunge at one of the officers. Smith was further restrained and placed within the squad car.
He was refused entry at the jail because of his extreme drunken state and was instead taken to the hospital for clearance.
If convicted of all charges, Smith could face up to a year in prison.
His next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007