City of Waukesha — A 34-year-old homeless man was charged with misdemeanor resisting an officer and disorderly conduct after allegedly screaming obscenities and refusing to leave the Alano Club, a “bar” for recovering alcoholics, on Feb. 9.
Jacob J. Smith was “extremely intoxicated” according to the criminal complaint, registering a .267 on a police administered breath test.
He has been arrested 35 times since the age of 17, according to the complaint, and had just been released from prison on Jan. 31. He was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Feb. 11.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police found Smith laying down inside the Alano Club, 318 W. Broadway, at around 7:45 p.m. on Feb. 9. Patron Michael Mann said Smith was yelling at people outside on Broadway before coming inside and saying he was homeless. Mann bought Smith food and coffee and the man allegedly began screaming obscenities and causing a disturbance.
Smith was alleged to be so loud an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting upstairs in the premises was disrupted and members came down to see what all the yelling and commotion was about.
Smith then laid on the floor and refused to leave. Police arrested Smith, who shouted slurs at the arresting officers.
While police were walking him to the squad car he tensed up and allegedly appeared to be ready to lunge at one of the officers. Smith was further restrained and placed within the squad car.
He was refused entry at the jail because of his extreme drunken state and was instead taken to the hospital for clearance.
If convicted of all charges, Smith could face up to a year in prison.
His next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts