City of Waukesha — A 34-year-old homeless man was charged with misdemeanor resisting an officer and disorderly conduct after allegedly screaming obscenities and refusing to leave the Alano Club, a “bar” for recovering alcoholics, on Feb. 9.
Jacob J. Smith was “extremely intoxicated” according to the criminal complaint, registering a .267 on a police administered breath test.
He has been arrested 35 times since the age of 17, according to the complaint, and had just been released from prison on Jan. 31. He was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Feb. 11.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police found Smith laying down inside the Alano Club, 318 W. Broadway, at around 7:45 p.m. on Feb. 9. Patron Michael Mann said Smith was yelling at people outside on Broadway before coming inside and saying he was homeless. Mann bought Smith food and coffee and the man allegedly began screaming obscenities and causing a disturbance.
Smith was alleged to be so loud an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting upstairs in the premises was disrupted and members came down to see what all the yelling and commotion was about.
Smith then laid on the floor and refused to leave. Police arrested Smith, who shouted slurs at the arresting officers.
While police were walking him to the squad car he tensed up and allegedly appeared to be ready to lunge at one of the officers. Smith was further restrained and placed within the squad car.
He was refused entry at the jail because of his extreme drunken state and was instead taken to the hospital for clearance.
If convicted of all charges, Smith could face up to a year in prison.
His next expected court date is Feb. 28.
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts