East Troy FIRST LEGO League (FLL) team The 4th Motor is one of many FLL teams world-wide attempting to win the FLL Global Innovation Award. Voting began this week for the award, which is being sponsored by the X-Prize Foundation and Edison Nation in cooperation with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and AARP.
FLL teams are encouraged to submit the innovative solutions their teams came up with during this season’s FLL Senior Solutions competition. Teams that finish in the top 10 in voting will be included as one of 20 teams considered for one of three finalist teams that will be invited to the USPTO office in Virginia to present their invention as well as a chance to be awarded up to $20,000 to use to develop, produce and take their product to market.
The 4th Motor submitted its Fall Detection System invention, SS 240, a bracelet that detects when a senior falls and can notify emergency personnel of the fall. Learn more about the team, its invention and vote for The 4th Motor here. People can vote as many times as they want each day. Currently the team has collected more than 2,000 votes with the top inventions receiving more than 14,000 votes so far.
More information on the Global Innovation Award can be found here.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts