A 52-year-old Waukesha woman was charged with two misdemeanors and felony substantial battery after allegedly throwing a pair of scissors at her fiancé on Feb. 10, cutting his arm.
The woman, who will not be identified to protect the alleged victim, was charged on Feb. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, negligent handling of a weapon and substantial battery.
According to the criminal complaint:
The incident took place around 1:30 a.m. in an apartment on S. West Avenue in the City of Waukesha. The woman’s fiancé said the couple, who had been living together for five months, got into an argument.
She was calling him names and he allegedly slapped her in the face. The woman then allegedly threw a pair of scissors at him, which cut his forearm and required three stitches at the hospital.
The wound was, “bleeding significantly,” the complaint reads.
The woman allegedly admitted to police she threw the scissors, saying she was going to cut herself with them, but decided against doing so.
The woman’s fiancé said that originally the woman would not drive him to the hospital, but she acquiesced.
They decided to drive to Aurora Summit Hospital for treatment because Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Waukesha Police had not treated them well during previous visits.
If convicted of all charges, the woman could face more than four years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is Feb. 18.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007