A 52-year-old Waukesha woman was charged with two misdemeanors and felony substantial battery after allegedly throwing a pair of scissors at her fiancé on Feb. 10, cutting his arm.
The woman, who will not be identified to protect the alleged victim, was charged on Feb. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, negligent handling of a weapon and substantial battery.
According to the criminal complaint:
The incident took place around 1:30 a.m. in an apartment on S. West Avenue in the City of Waukesha. The woman’s fiancé said the couple, who had been living together for five months, got into an argument.
She was calling him names and he allegedly slapped her in the face. The woman then allegedly threw a pair of scissors at him, which cut his forearm and required three stitches at the hospital.
The wound was, “bleeding significantly,” the complaint reads.
The woman allegedly admitted to police she threw the scissors, saying she was going to cut herself with them, but decided against doing so.
The woman’s fiancé said that originally the woman would not drive him to the hospital, but she acquiesced.
They decided to drive to Aurora Summit Hospital for treatment because Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Waukesha Police had not treated them well during previous visits.
If convicted of all charges, the woman could face more than four years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is Feb. 18.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007