Village of Pewaukee — A 19-year-old man faces a year in prison after allegedly refusing to put out a lit cigarette at a Friday night party and shoving an arresting officer.
Aaron T. Malmberg, 466 Park Ave. in Pewaukee, was charged on Feb. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with misdemeanor resisting an officer and disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint:
The Pewaukee Village Police Department was contact Feb. 8 about an underage drinking party at 466 Park Ave., apt. unit 8. The responding officer said he could hear “extremely loud noises” coming from inside the apartment, including what sounded like two men shouting at each other.
A man opened the apartment door and the officer said he saw numerous alcohol bottles in the apartment and several individuals the officer recognized as being under the age of 21.
A man who lived in the apartment approached the officer in an aggressive manner, the complaint reads, and was taken into custody. He had not been charged, as of Feb. 12.
Malmberg lit up a cigarette as the man was being taken into custody. The officer said he asked that Malmberg put out the cigarette, concerned that he could use it to harm officers.
Malmberg then allegedly began shouting at the officer, “I don’t have to [expletive] put any cigarette out, I am 18 years old,” the complaint reads.
While the officer was trying to place Malmberg under arrest, the 19 year old resisted, pushing the officer. He was eventually handcuffed, but continued to push the officer.
If convicted of all charges, Malmberg could face a year in prison, $11,000 in fines, or both.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts