Village of Hartland — An 18-year-old Hartland woman was charged with allegedly stealing thousands of dollars from a woman she baby-sat for between May and August of last year.
Ashley P. Koglin, 231 Willow Drive, was charged on Feb. 14 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony theft, alleged to have stolen approximately $2,715 from Angela Proell.
According to the criminal complaint:
The Village of Hartland Police Department was contacted by Proell in June 2011 about thefts she believed occurred at her residence.
She said that she had set aside envelopes for each of her children containing between $350 and $515. The money from the envelopes was missing, she told police, as well as money from her children’s rooms.
She told police she suspected employees of a cleaning service she used may be involved.
Police were unable to make any progress in the theft investigation and it was eventually suspended. However, in August 2012 Proell contacted police again and said she had allegedly caught Koglin, who baby-sat for Proell, red-handed in the theft of $125 at her residence.
Koglin allegedly told police that she had been stealing from Proell for over a year. Originally, she allegedly told police, it was just small amounts of money and gift cards, but she eventually started taking larger amounts of money, as well as a bottle of alcohol, an iPod and two ivory vests belonging to Proell’s daughters.
If convicted, Koglin could face more than three years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
Koglin’s next expected court date is Feb. 25.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007