Town of Lisbon - The February primary election is running smoothly, so far, according to town officials, despite the fact both the Town Clerk and Deputy Clerk are ill.
Clerk Jeff Musche and newly appointed deputy clerk Cassy Rivers, the officials usually in charge of town elections, were hospitalized Monday, according to Town Chairman Matt Gehrke.
Gehrke said that three chief election inspectors assigned to each of three polling places in the town, along with Deputy Clerk Treasurer Kelly Shields, will supervise the election in the absence of Musche and Rivers.
Shields said Musche was able to help open the Town Hall polling place this morning and is expected to help election officials close the Town Hall, Hamilton High School,and Richard Jung Fire Station polling places tonight.
Shields said she had conferred with Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Novack. Shields said Novack assured her that the town could count on help from county officials, if necessary.
Shields said stormy weather was contributing to an light voter turnout.
Town voters are casting ballots in a statewide Supreme Court primary contest as well as a state legislative primary election and contests for the local school board.
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007