Town of Lisbon - The February primary election is running smoothly, so far, according to town officials, despite the fact both the Town Clerk and Deputy Clerk are ill.
Clerk Jeff Musche and newly appointed deputy clerk Cassy Rivers, the officials usually in charge of town elections, were hospitalized Monday, according to Town Chairman Matt Gehrke.
Gehrke said that three chief election inspectors assigned to each of three polling places in the town, along with Deputy Clerk Treasurer Kelly Shields, will supervise the election in the absence of Musche and Rivers.
Shields said Musche was able to help open the Town Hall polling place this morning and is expected to help election officials close the Town Hall, Hamilton High School,and Richard Jung Fire Station polling places tonight.
Shields said she had conferred with Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Novack. Shields said Novack assured her that the town could count on help from county officials, if necessary.
Shields said stormy weather was contributing to an light voter turnout.
Town voters are casting ballots in a statewide Supreme Court primary contest as well as a state legislative primary election and contests for the local school board.
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007