The polls are closed and Richmond School Board candidate Cindy Milgram was the big winner in the primary race, receiving the most votes with 108, followed by Lew Krisberg with 102 votes, Victor Frangopoulos with 83 votes and Bill MacCluskey with 64 votes.
Michelle Jackson, 40, of Lisbon will not compete in the election, receiving the least amount of the votes with 39. She could not be reached for comment at this time.
The four candidates will face-off against each other in the April 2 election and voters will have an opportunity to hear their positions on a variety of issues at a March 19 candidate forum. The candidates are competing for two seats being vacated by long-time board members President Ken Skarie and Clerk Lisa Boyer.
Pewaukee resident Milgram, 38, said she was excited about the results.
“I appreciate the confidence the voters have placed in me and now I plan on preparing for the April 2 election,” she said.
MaCluskey's success at the polls was a surprise; He was not even running.
Pewaukee resident MaCluskey, 45, had sent a letter to the school district on Feb. 11 stating that he would like to withdraw his candidacy to spend more time caring for his ailing mother.
The Lake Country Reporter reported on Feb. 10 that MacCluskey had been pursued by the State of Wisconsin for tax delinquency in 2002 and 2012, paying $72,000 in back taxes and penalties altogether.
MacCluskey said via email that he would not accept the board seat, even if he did win in the general election.
When contacted, Lisbond resident Krisberg, 61, said he was following the results closely and he was happy to move on to the election.
Sussex resident Frangopolous, 44, said he was not sure how everything was going to play out, this being his first election.
“I am honored and grateful to move on to the next phase of the Richmond election,” he said. “Thanks to everyone who supported me.”
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts