Kettle Moraine School Board members went home tonight with a hefty amount of homework - an orange flash drive loaded with a 600 page report on the district's facilities and technology - as the district steps into the master planning process. It's work the district hasn't done since about the 1980s Superintendent Pat Deklotz pointed out.
"It is not the most important work we do. It is part of the work we do...to educate children at the highest level possible," Deklotz told the board.
However, as the district looks at its important work, district facilities and technology become part of the process.
As a team from Eppstein Uhen Architects walked through an executive summary, common recommendations pointed to an infrastructure that cannot accommodate the mission of the district to provide learning without boundaries and projects such as Bring Your Own Device (BOYD) to support individualized learning.
Facilities, many of which have original windows and doors from possibly the 60s, some which "have seen better days," and systems reaching the end of their lifetime stood out as recurring items needing attention.
As the district steps into master planning and digesting the Facilities and Technology Assessment (FTA) , the lengthy detailed report serves as a resource as the report is broken down and shared with the community to outline district needs.
The process continues on Feb. 26 with a workshop in the Kettle Moraine High School at 7 p.m.
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007