After some discussion at the Town of Mukwonago board meeting this evening, the board approved an ammended version of the agreement with the Village of Mukwonago fire department. This agreement provides at least another year of the joint Mukwonago Fire Department.
First up on the agenda is making a decision regarding the department's ladder truck. Out of service since January, Mukwonago has faced several fires without an important piece of equipment, depending on other departments when the ladder truck is needed.
The options are to fix the old truck based on the repairs they know are needed (a price tag of $54,000), refurbish the old truck (a pricetag more than $400,000), remount the old truck ($687,771), or to look into purchasing new.
Purchasing new became an option when a potential deal was presented that would allow the department to obtain a new truck for $775,000--a good deal when most new trucks run $950,000.
Some, but not all, repairs were anticipated in this year's budget.
The debate is now on to crunch the numbers on the best use of taxpayer money now and in the future. The Board, requesting more time to review the information, will return in a special board meeting on Feb. 28.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007