Bill MacCluskey is still a candidate in the Richmond School Board election, albeit one who has explicitly stated he does not want to win.
Pewaukee resident MacCluskey, 45, beat out Michelle Jackson, 40, for the fourth spot on the ballot in the April 2 election, receiving 64 votes to Jackson’s 39 at Tuesday’s primary.
According to Richmond District Administrator Sue Williams, that means his name will appear on the ballot in the general election, despite sending a notice to the school on Feb. 11 stating that he no longer wishes to seek office.
“I was told the only way he could get off the ballot is if he died, God forbid,” Williams said.
Four candidates are competing for two board seats being vacated by longtime board President Ken Skarie and Clerk Lisa Boyer.
MacCluskey told school officials in an email that he wished to withdraw from the race so that he could spend more time caring for his mother.
The Lake Country Reporter revealed on Feb. 10 that MacCluskey had tax problems dating back to 2002, paying approximately $72,000 in back taxes and penalties in three different cases of tax delinquency.
MacCluskey said via email that he would not accept the board seat if he were elected in the general election.
According to Wisconsin Statute 17.26, if MacCluskey won in the general election, he could decline the position, in which case the board’s current members would appoint somebody to the position.
That new member would then have to be re-elected at the next spring election to keep the seat.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007