Bill MacCluskey is still a candidate in the Richmond School Board election, albeit one who has explicitly stated he does not want to win.
Pewaukee resident MacCluskey, 45, beat out Michelle Jackson, 40, for the fourth spot on the ballot in the April 2 election, receiving 64 votes to Jackson’s 39 at Tuesday’s primary.
According to Richmond District Administrator Sue Williams, that means his name will appear on the ballot in the general election, despite sending a notice to the school on Feb. 11 stating that he no longer wishes to seek office.
“I was told the only way he could get off the ballot is if he died, God forbid,” Williams said.
Four candidates are competing for two board seats being vacated by longtime board President Ken Skarie and Clerk Lisa Boyer.
MacCluskey told school officials in an email that he wished to withdraw from the race so that he could spend more time caring for his mother.
The Lake Country Reporter revealed on Feb. 10 that MacCluskey had tax problems dating back to 2002, paying approximately $72,000 in back taxes and penalties in three different cases of tax delinquency.
MacCluskey said via email that he would not accept the board seat if he were elected in the general election.
According to Wisconsin Statute 17.26, if MacCluskey won in the general election, he could decline the position, in which case the board’s current members would appoint somebody to the position.
That new member would then have to be re-elected at the next spring election to keep the seat.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007