Section Elementary School will pilot an Innovative Personalized Learning Community (IPLC) after gaining approval of the Mukwonago Area School Board on Monday night.
"We are looking at having the opportunity to do what the program is named," Section Principal Bob Slane told school board members.
The pilot would involve two groups of students taught by six teachers, three teachers for grades one through three and three teachers for grades four through six.
Things will look a lot different in the three rooms designated for IPLC, Slane explained. Since rows of desks are not the most effective way for a child to learn, there won’t be a desk for every child, but instead there could be bean bags, soft chairs or students sitting on the floor.
"This would look more like a home type environment than a classroom," Slane added.
The pilot would involve 130 to 150 students split between two groups of grades one through three in one group and grades four through six in another, taught by six teachers — a team of three teachers for each group of up to 75 students. With teachers having the ability to stay with students for three years, it allows students and teachers to pick up learning where they left off each spring rather than spend time assessing at the beginning of each new school year, Slane explained.
A note to Section parents informing them of the pilot opportunity will go out this week, with informational meetings planned in the beginning of March.
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007