A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly abusing his girlfriend, poking her in the eye and smacking her last August at her home in the Village of Lannon.
The man, who will not be named to protect the victim’s identity, was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony substantial battery, misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint, the man was invited into the home on Weather Edge Circle by the victim’s mother on August 17, 2012, who saw him standing outside in the cold. He allegedly entered the victim’s room and began yelling and pushing her. The victim said he smelled like liquor.
He allegedly pushed her face into the wall and poked her in the eye. He then allegedly head butted her and held her down on the bed until the victim scratched him and he got off.
The victim said it was not the first time the man had abused her. She said he allegedly has choked her on several occasions and burned her with a cigarette once. She said she was afraid to break up with him because of what he might do.
The man allegedly told police he was sorry for hurting the woman.
“You know, I’m a good guy, but I have a bad temper and I have never hurt girls before,” he allegedly told police.
If convicted of all charges, the man could face more than four years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts