A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly abusing his girlfriend, poking her in the eye and smacking her last August at her home in the Village of Lannon.
The man, who will not be named to protect the victim’s identity, was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony substantial battery, misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint, the man was invited into the home on Weather Edge Circle by the victim’s mother on August 17, 2012, who saw him standing outside in the cold. He allegedly entered the victim’s room and began yelling and pushing her. The victim said he smelled like liquor.
He allegedly pushed her face into the wall and poked her in the eye. He then allegedly head butted her and held her down on the bed until the victim scratched him and he got off.
The victim said it was not the first time the man had abused her. She said he allegedly has choked her on several occasions and burned her with a cigarette once. She said she was afraid to break up with him because of what he might do.
The man allegedly told police he was sorry for hurting the woman.
“You know, I’m a good guy, but I have a bad temper and I have never hurt girls before,” he allegedly told police.
If convicted of all charges, the man could face more than four years in prison, $20,000 in fines, or both.
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts