A 48-year-old Waukesha man pleaded not guilty at a Feb. 22 hearing to charges that he allegedly inappropriately touched his wife’s 3-year-old step-granddaughter.
The man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was charged on Feb. 7 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first degree sexual assault, contact with a child under age 13. If convicted, the man could face up to 60 years in prison.
He is currently being held in the Waukesha County Jail and a request to reduce his $10,000 bail was denied at Friday’s hearing.
According to the criminal complaint:
Waukesha police spoke with the 3-year-old’s mother on Feb. 5, 2013. She said that earlier that morning she was taking her daughter to her mother’s and stepfather’s house, located on the 1000 block of Wilshire Place, when the girl mentioned “kissing boobies.” The mother said the child’s grandmother and her husband, the defendant, usually watched her daughter before and after school.
She asked the girl where she had heard that from and the girl said she heard it from her grandpa, referring to her step-grandfather. Her mother questioned her further and the girl said she had been playing “sleeping beauty” with the man.
When they arrived at the grandparent’s house, the girl asked her step-grandfather, “Grandpa, remember when I kissed your boobies,” the complaint reads. The mother told police that the man’s face allegedly had, “a look of horror on it.”
The mother said that she called a friend to ask her what to do. She ended up taking the girl out of school and asking her more about the incident.
The girl allegedly told her mother that her step-grandfather had taken his clothing off and had the girl kiss his chest and genital area. The girl later told officials at the Child Advocacy Resources and Empowerment Center in Waukesha that she would often be undressed and would also fondle her step-grandfather.
The man allegedly told police that in August 2012 the 3-year-old girl had kissed him on the mouth and he would get aroused. He allegedly told police that he would have the girl touch his penis and he could not stop, despite knowing that it was wrong.
He allegedly first told police he had sexual contact with the girl 20 times, but later said there were only five incidents.
His next expected court date is April 8.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts