A 65-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly throwing a plate at his roommate because he did not want to watch the Academy Awards on Sunday.
Lauren M. Nimtz was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, domestic abuse.
According to the criminal complaint, Nimtz said he was watching the Academy Awards on TV, something that upset his roommate Paul Wolfe.
Nimtz had previously purchased a pie and got a piece for Wolfe and brought it into the room. He gave it to Wolfe, who told Nimtz he was going to get his own dessert. Nimtz told police he got upset and allegedly smashed the plate on a cup of coffee in front of Wolfe.
He said he did it because he was tired of Wolfe’s verbal abuse. The two men share an apartment on West Park Avenue.
If convicted, Nimtz could face up to 90 days in jail, $1,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is April 26.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts