A 65-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly throwing a plate at his roommate because he did not want to watch the Academy Awards on Sunday.
Lauren M. Nimtz was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, domestic abuse.
According to the criminal complaint, Nimtz said he was watching the Academy Awards on TV, something that upset his roommate Paul Wolfe.
Nimtz had previously purchased a pie and got a piece for Wolfe and brought it into the room. He gave it to Wolfe, who told Nimtz he was going to get his own dessert. Nimtz told police he got upset and allegedly smashed the plate on a cup of coffee in front of Wolfe.
He said he did it because he was tired of Wolfe’s verbal abuse. The two men share an apartment on West Park Avenue.
If convicted, Nimtz could face up to 90 days in jail, $1,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is April 26.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts