A 65-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly throwing a plate at his roommate because he did not want to watch the Academy Awards on Sunday.
Lauren M. Nimtz was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, domestic abuse.
According to the criminal complaint, Nimtz said he was watching the Academy Awards on TV, something that upset his roommate Paul Wolfe.
Nimtz had previously purchased a pie and got a piece for Wolfe and brought it into the room. He gave it to Wolfe, who told Nimtz he was going to get his own dessert. Nimtz told police he got upset and allegedly smashed the plate on a cup of coffee in front of Wolfe.
He said he did it because he was tired of Wolfe’s verbal abuse. The two men share an apartment on West Park Avenue.
If convicted, Nimtz could face up to 90 days in jail, $1,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is April 26.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007