A 65-year-old man was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly throwing a plate at his roommate because he did not want to watch the Academy Awards on Sunday.
Lauren M. Nimtz was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with disorderly conduct, domestic abuse.
According to the criminal complaint, Nimtz said he was watching the Academy Awards on TV, something that upset his roommate Paul Wolfe.
Nimtz had previously purchased a pie and got a piece for Wolfe and brought it into the room. He gave it to Wolfe, who told Nimtz he was going to get his own dessert. Nimtz told police he got upset and allegedly smashed the plate on a cup of coffee in front of Wolfe.
He said he did it because he was tired of Wolfe’s verbal abuse. The two men share an apartment on West Park Avenue.
If convicted, Nimtz could face up to 90 days in jail, $1,000 in fines, or both.
His next expected court date is April 26.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts