A 56-year-old inmate at Waukesha County Jail escaped from a hospital he was receiving treatment at on Feb. 17 before being arrested in the basement of his family home.
Timothy C. Huss was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony escape from custody, which carries a maximum sentence of six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint:
Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, 725 American Ave., on Feb. 17 after being alerted to a prisoner escape. Huss was receiving medical treatment at the hospital and allegedly left wearing his red jail pants and a nightgown, with a catheter still in his leg.
Several deputies were already familiar with Huss, who two days prior to the incident had been cited for disorderly conduct, and knew where he lived.
They went to Huss’s home on Summit Avenue and spoke with his son, who told police that he believed his father was hiding in the basement. Police tried asking Huss to come out of the residence, to which they received no response.
A deputy allegedly found Huss in a storage area trying to cover himself with blankets and boxes. He was arrested and allegedly had in his possession four separate prescription bottles.
He allegedly told police he left because he wanted to get some methadone, a synthetic narcotic used to wean addicts off of heroin.
When asked why he did not respond when police told him to come out, he allegedly said he hoped they would go away.
Huss’ next expected court date is Feb. 27.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007