A 56-year-old inmate at Waukesha County Jail escaped from a hospital he was receiving treatment at on Feb. 17 before being arrested in the basement of his family home.
Timothy C. Huss was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony escape from custody, which carries a maximum sentence of six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint:
Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, 725 American Ave., on Feb. 17 after being alerted to a prisoner escape. Huss was receiving medical treatment at the hospital and allegedly left wearing his red jail pants and a nightgown, with a catheter still in his leg.
Several deputies were already familiar with Huss, who two days prior to the incident had been cited for disorderly conduct, and knew where he lived.
They went to Huss’s home on Summit Avenue and spoke with his son, who told police that he believed his father was hiding in the basement. Police tried asking Huss to come out of the residence, to which they received no response.
A deputy allegedly found Huss in a storage area trying to cover himself with blankets and boxes. He was arrested and allegedly had in his possession four separate prescription bottles.
He allegedly told police he left because he wanted to get some methadone, a synthetic narcotic used to wean addicts off of heroin.
When asked why he did not respond when police told him to come out, he allegedly said he hoped they would go away.
Huss’ next expected court date is Feb. 27.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts