A 56-year-old inmate at Waukesha County Jail escaped from a hospital he was receiving treatment at on Feb. 17 before being arrested in the basement of his family home.
Timothy C. Huss was charged on Feb. 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony escape from custody, which carries a maximum sentence of six years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint:
Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, 725 American Ave., on Feb. 17 after being alerted to a prisoner escape. Huss was receiving medical treatment at the hospital and allegedly left wearing his red jail pants and a nightgown, with a catheter still in his leg.
Several deputies were already familiar with Huss, who two days prior to the incident had been cited for disorderly conduct, and knew where he lived.
They went to Huss’s home on Summit Avenue and spoke with his son, who told police that he believed his father was hiding in the basement. Police tried asking Huss to come out of the residence, to which they received no response.
A deputy allegedly found Huss in a storage area trying to cover himself with blankets and boxes. He was arrested and allegedly had in his possession four separate prescription bottles.
He allegedly told police he left because he wanted to get some methadone, a synthetic narcotic used to wean addicts off of heroin.
When asked why he did not respond when police told him to come out, he allegedly said he hoped they would go away.
Huss’ next expected court date is Feb. 27.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts