Town of Lisbon - For the second time in as many months, Town Clerk Jeff Musche is probably going to have to conduct a municipal election without a deputy clerk.
Deputy Clerk Cassy Rivers, who was hired earlier this year, has resigned for personal reasons, according to Musche.
Both Rivers and Musche were ill during most of election day during the spring primary election on Feb. 19. Rivers was hospitalized the weekend before the election because of severe flu symptoms.
Musche received emergency room and hospital treatment the day before the election because of chest pains. His election day activities were severely limited because doctor's were not sure what was causing the pains.
The election was successfully conducted by the chief election inspectors at the town's three polling places. Musche said he would be relying on their assistance again for the April 2 municipal elections.
Musche said Rivers did not give him a reason for her resignation on Thursday, March 7. Rivers was involved in a car accident the day before, according to Musche.
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts