Town of Lisbon - For the second time in as many months, Town Clerk Jeff Musche is probably going to have to conduct a municipal election without a deputy clerk.
Deputy Clerk Cassy Rivers, who was hired earlier this year, has resigned for personal reasons, according to Musche.
Both Rivers and Musche were ill during most of election day during the spring primary election on Feb. 19. Rivers was hospitalized the weekend before the election because of severe flu symptoms.
Musche received emergency room and hospital treatment the day before the election because of chest pains. His election day activities were severely limited because doctor's were not sure what was causing the pains.
The election was successfully conducted by the chief election inspectors at the town's three polling places. Musche said he would be relying on their assistance again for the April 2 municipal elections.
Musche said Rivers did not give him a reason for her resignation on Thursday, March 7. Rivers was involved in a car accident the day before, according to Musche.
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007