Town of Lisbon - For the second time in as many months, Town Clerk Jeff Musche is probably going to have to conduct a municipal election without a deputy clerk.
Deputy Clerk Cassy Rivers, who was hired earlier this year, has resigned for personal reasons, according to Musche.
Both Rivers and Musche were ill during most of election day during the spring primary election on Feb. 19. Rivers was hospitalized the weekend before the election because of severe flu symptoms.
Musche received emergency room and hospital treatment the day before the election because of chest pains. His election day activities were severely limited because doctor's were not sure what was causing the pains.
The election was successfully conducted by the chief election inspectors at the town's three polling places. Musche said he would be relying on their assistance again for the April 2 municipal elections.
Musche said Rivers did not give him a reason for her resignation on Thursday, March 7. Rivers was involved in a car accident the day before, according to Musche.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts