Town of Lisbon - For the second time in as many months, Town Clerk Jeff Musche is probably going to have to conduct a municipal election without a deputy clerk.
Deputy Clerk Cassy Rivers, who was hired earlier this year, has resigned for personal reasons, according to Musche.
Both Rivers and Musche were ill during most of election day during the spring primary election on Feb. 19. Rivers was hospitalized the weekend before the election because of severe flu symptoms.
Musche received emergency room and hospital treatment the day before the election because of chest pains. His election day activities were severely limited because doctor's were not sure what was causing the pains.
The election was successfully conducted by the chief election inspectors at the town's three polling places. Musche said he would be relying on their assistance again for the April 2 municipal elections.
Musche said Rivers did not give him a reason for her resignation on Thursday, March 7. Rivers was involved in a car accident the day before, according to Musche.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts