Town of Lisbon - For the second time in as many months, Town Clerk Jeff Musche is probably going to have to conduct a municipal election without a deputy clerk.
Deputy Clerk Cassy Rivers, who was hired earlier this year, has resigned for personal reasons, according to Musche.
Both Rivers and Musche were ill during most of election day during the spring primary election on Feb. 19. Rivers was hospitalized the weekend before the election because of severe flu symptoms.
Musche received emergency room and hospital treatment the day before the election because of chest pains. His election day activities were severely limited because doctor's were not sure what was causing the pains.
The election was successfully conducted by the chief election inspectors at the town's three polling places. Musche said he would be relying on their assistance again for the April 2 municipal elections.
Musche said Rivers did not give him a reason for her resignation on Thursday, March 7. Rivers was involved in a car accident the day before, according to Musche.
- Melges IV wins Blue Chip regatta (0)
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007