Katharine Hincak of the Hidden Cafe, 716 Main Street, Mukwonago won both Best in Show and the People's Choice award for her chandelier cake at the second annual Baker's Association Cake Competition as part of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association show.
Her chocolate colored chandelier cake was decorated with sugar flowers, jawbreaker pearls and edible glitter to catch the eye and win the hearts of those at the show.
At the same time, North Prairie restaurant operator Steve Schilling of ZaZING! Received the Wisconsin Restaurant Association's highest honor: 2013 Restaurateur of the Year.
Read more about both in upcoming issues of the Mukwonago Chief.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts