Host Arrowhead, anchored by six interceptions and one fumble recovery, outscored visiting Germantown 33-0 in the second half Friday night and eliminated Germantown from the WIAA Division 1 playoffs, 36-3.
After battling Germantown to a 3-3 deadlock at halftime, AHS exploded for five touchdowns in the last two periods to win going away.
Cody Sellhausen scored on a 10-yard run to get the Warhawks rolling in the second half and Ty Jager scored on a 2-yard run minutes later to put the game away.
Andy Hessler and Charlie Reuteman had two picks each and Kevin Driscoll and PJ Shaw also had interceptions. Matt Seitz, Sam Seonbuchner and Billy Hirschfeld also had big games for the AHS defense.
Arrowhead will play in the state semi-finals next Friday night or Saturday at a neutral site.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts