Host Arrowhead, anchored by six interceptions and one fumble recovery, outscored visiting Germantown 33-0 in the second half Friday night and eliminated Germantown from the WIAA Division 1 playoffs, 36-3.
After battling Germantown to a 3-3 deadlock at halftime, AHS exploded for five touchdowns in the last two periods to win going away.
Cody Sellhausen scored on a 10-yard run to get the Warhawks rolling in the second half and Ty Jager scored on a 2-yard run minutes later to put the game away.
Andy Hessler and Charlie Reuteman had two picks each and Kevin Driscoll and PJ Shaw also had interceptions. Matt Seitz, Sam Seonbuchner and Billy Hirschfeld also had big games for the AHS defense.
Arrowhead will play in the state semi-finals next Friday night or Saturday at a neutral site.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts