Host Arrowhead, anchored by six interceptions and one fumble recovery, outscored visiting Germantown 33-0 in the second half Friday night and eliminated Germantown from the WIAA Division 1 playoffs, 36-3.
After battling Germantown to a 3-3 deadlock at halftime, AHS exploded for five touchdowns in the last two periods to win going away.
Cody Sellhausen scored on a 10-yard run to get the Warhawks rolling in the second half and Ty Jager scored on a 2-yard run minutes later to put the game away.
Andy Hessler and Charlie Reuteman had two picks each and Kevin Driscoll and PJ Shaw also had interceptions. Matt Seitz, Sam Seonbuchner and Billy Hirschfeld also had big games for the AHS defense.
Arrowhead will play in the state semi-finals next Friday night or Saturday at a neutral site.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts