Host Arrowhead, anchored by six interceptions and one fumble recovery, outscored visiting Germantown 33-0 in the second half Friday night and eliminated Germantown from the WIAA Division 1 playoffs, 36-3.
After battling Germantown to a 3-3 deadlock at halftime, AHS exploded for five touchdowns in the last two periods to win going away.
Cody Sellhausen scored on a 10-yard run to get the Warhawks rolling in the second half and Ty Jager scored on a 2-yard run minutes later to put the game away.
Andy Hessler and Charlie Reuteman had two picks each and Kevin Driscoll and PJ Shaw also had interceptions. Matt Seitz, Sam Seonbuchner and Billy Hirschfeld also had big games for the AHS defense.
Arrowhead will play in the state semi-finals next Friday night or Saturday at a neutral site.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts