Host Arrowhead, anchored by six interceptions and one fumble recovery, outscored visiting Germantown 33-0 in the second half Friday night and eliminated Germantown from the WIAA Division 1 playoffs, 36-3.
After battling Germantown to a 3-3 deadlock at halftime, AHS exploded for five touchdowns in the last two periods to win going away.
Cody Sellhausen scored on a 10-yard run to get the Warhawks rolling in the second half and Ty Jager scored on a 2-yard run minutes later to put the game away.
Andy Hessler and Charlie Reuteman had two picks each and Kevin Driscoll and PJ Shaw also had interceptions. Matt Seitz, Sam Seonbuchner and Billy Hirschfeld also had big games for the AHS defense.
Arrowhead will play in the state semi-finals next Friday night or Saturday at a neutral site.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts