While the meek may stay warm and cozy inside, the many hardy souls in this neck of the woods thumb their noses at the cold.
Take all those warm-blooded creatures participating in the Polar Bear Plunge at 11 a.m. Saturday at SandBar Sports Pub, W278-N2315 Prospect Ave., Pewaukee. Registration begins at 11 a.m. The $20 cost includes a souvenir T-shirt. For more information go to http://sandbarsportspub.com.
On Saturday night head over to the Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit for the Candlelight Ski & Hike from 6 to 9 p.m. The event starts at S91-W39091 Highway 59, Eagle. The purple loop at the Nordic Trailhead will be lighted. There will be a big fire outside to help you stay warm or you can go inside where there will be chili and refreshments for sale.
If you’re not into the cold and snow but prefer to beat winter blues with comfort food, there are several options including the Friday night fish fry from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Highways 83 and D in Genesee Depot. The all-you-can-eat menu includes beer battered and baked cod, grilled cheese, curly fries, baked potato, coleslaw, rye bread, applesauce, coffee and milk plus one dessert. Call (262) 392-2920 for more information.
A more exotic dish, along with more traditional favorites, will be served at the annual Coon Feed at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Post 196, 333 N. Lapham Peak , Delafield. Donation: $12 adults/ $6 children 12 and younger.
A pancake breakfast will be served by dads of St. Joan of Arc School students after the 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. Masses at 120 Nashotah Road, Nashotah. Cost is $3 for adults, $2 for children 12 and younger. Call (262) 646-5321 for more information.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts