While the meek may stay warm and cozy inside, the many hardy souls in this neck of the woods thumb their noses at the cold.
Take all those warm-blooded creatures participating in the Polar Bear Plunge at 11 a.m. Saturday at SandBar Sports Pub, W278-N2315 Prospect Ave., Pewaukee. Registration begins at 11 a.m. The $20 cost includes a souvenir T-shirt. For more information go to http://sandbarsportspub.com.
On Saturday night head over to the Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit for the Candlelight Ski & Hike from 6 to 9 p.m. The event starts at S91-W39091 Highway 59, Eagle. The purple loop at the Nordic Trailhead will be lighted. There will be a big fire outside to help you stay warm or you can go inside where there will be chili and refreshments for sale.
If you’re not into the cold and snow but prefer to beat winter blues with comfort food, there are several options including the Friday night fish fry from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Highways 83 and D in Genesee Depot. The all-you-can-eat menu includes beer battered and baked cod, grilled cheese, curly fries, baked potato, coleslaw, rye bread, applesauce, coffee and milk plus one dessert. Call (262) 392-2920 for more information.
A more exotic dish, along with more traditional favorites, will be served at the annual Coon Feed at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Post 196, 333 N. Lapham Peak , Delafield. Donation: $12 adults/ $6 children 12 and younger.
A pancake breakfast will be served by dads of St. Joan of Arc School students after the 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. Masses at 120 Nashotah Road, Nashotah. Cost is $3 for adults, $2 for children 12 and younger. Call (262) 646-5321 for more information.
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- Kettle Moraine football team goes on impressive run to defeat Waukesha South (0)
- AHS football team rallies past CMH (0)
- Bowling ball art auction going on (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007