A total of just over four inches of light, fluffy snow fell in the Lake Country area early Sunday morning creating slippery conditions on most roads.
The snow started around 2 a.m. and had quit by 7 a.m. In Hartland the snow measured 4.5 inches.
Sunday morning as of 8 a.m. Highway 16 had just one reasonably clean lane in both directions. Traffic was going between 30 and 40 miles per hour. The one clear lane still had some snow in it. There were two cars in the ditch eastbound between Hartland and Pewaukee.
Highway 83 between Delafield and North Lake also was slippery. Traffic there was going around 30 miles per hour.
In Hartland, roads were plowed but still snow covered. Many of the intersections were slippery.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts