In winter time we think of comfort food, and what could hit the spot better on a cold winter’s day than a hot, thick bowl of chili?
Downtown Oconomowoc is holding its celebration of the dish at Chili Fest from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown Oconomowoc.
Chili tasting is from noon to 2 p.m. There’ll be a beer tent and warming house on the Village Green with DJ music and raffles. Other activities include ice carving, hockey and softball tournaments, fishing clinic 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and skating and kite flying on Fowler Lake. Call (262) 567-7114 or visit www.downtownoconomowoc.org for more information.
At the St. Joan of Arc School Carnival from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday enjoy hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn and other treats. The school is located at 120 Nashotah Road, Nashotah. Besides food the event features games, prizes, face painting, clowns and Golden Ticket Raffle. Visit www.sjarc.org for more information.
If you’re fishing for a good meal on Friday try the fish fry at Nashotah House, 2777 Mission Road, Nashotah, from 4 to 8 p.m. The dinner includes fried or baked fish, French fries, German chocolate cake, old-fashioned cocktails and New Glarus Spotted Cow. Cost: $12 adults, $8 kids, free for children under 5.
For more information call (262) 309-7619 or visit www.nashotah.edu.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts