With news of the Sochi Olympics all around us, folks are itching to get out on the ice.
The Mullett Ice Center, 700 W. North Shore Drive in Hartland, is offering special skating hours while the kids are off of school. The center will be open from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday and Monday, Feb. 21 and 24. Cost is $5 for adults, $4 for junior/seniors and $2 for skate rental. Regular skate hours are 1:30 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through June 15. Call (262) 369-3600 for more information.
If you’re looking for some top-notch comedy this weekend, check out Club Indigo at Olympia, 1350 Royale Mile Road in Oconomowoc. The show starts at 9 p.m. and features international acts with DJ by Prestige Entertainment to follow. Cost is $7 in advance, $10 at the door.
There’s also a very funny show at Theatre on Main, 25 S. Main St. in Oconomowoc. “The Producers,” a musical based on Mel Brooks hilarious 1968 movie, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 4 p.m. Sundays through March 2. Tickets are $18 for adults and $14 for students and seniors. Visit www.theatreonmain.org for more information.
Speaking of “producers,” the Oconomowoc Winter Farmers Market includes lots of fresh food from local producers. The market is 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at Oconomowoc Landscape Supply & Garden Center, County Road K, Oconomowoc. The market includes seasonally grown produce, farm raised items such as brown eggs, grass-fed beef and meats such as elk, goat and lamb plus specialty local seafood products.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts