There are so many ways to get out and get moving this weekend.
After seeing all the skating at the Olympics recently, kids might want to see if they have the stuff to be an Olympic or NHL hockey star. All across America ice centers are hosting Try Hockey for Free Day Saturday. Local rinks – Mullett Ice Center and Naga-Waukee Ice Arena, will have certified coaches available to show kids the basics of hockey in a safe environment. Equipment is provided. Mullet is located at 700 North Ave., Hartland. Naga-Waukee is located at 2699 Golf Road, Delafield. To learn more visit www.tryhockeyforfree.com.
For adults who want to try something new, why not try Contra Dance starting at 7 p.m. Saturday at Prairie Hill Waldorf School, N14-W29143 Silvernail Road, Pewaukee. Lessons are 7 to 8 p.m. A dance with caller and band from is 8 to 11 p.m. Cost is $8 for adults, $5 students. For more information call (262) 490-0769 or visit www.prairiehillwaldorf.org.
If you’ve got an affinity for art, let your talent shine at the Tile-A-Mile event 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Pewaukee High School. 510 Lake St., Pewaukee. Paint a tile and help create a mile of art installation in the high school. The event also includes make-and-take projects, bake sale and refreshments, art exhibition, raffles, face painting and art demonstrations. Proceeds benefit the PHS Visual Art Department.
Ben Franklin Crafts, 1083 Summit Ave. in the Whitman Park Shopping Center in Oconomowoc is hosting a hands-on craft workshop 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday. The two-hour workshop, in honor of National Craft Month. features Jessica Peck of Sweetie Pie Bakery, author of "Felt Toys for Little Ones." Peck will explain projects from her book. For more information call (262) 567-0271 or visit www.benfranklincraftswi.com.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts