Arrowhead's boys basketball team defeated visiting Waukesha West Friday night, 55-49, in a first round WIAA Division 1 regional game. By winning, AHS earned the right to play at Germantown Saturday night at 7 p.m. in the regional championship game.
The score was tied at 35-35 after three periods and the Warhawks never trailed in the fourth quarter, thanks to some huge baskets by the senior trio of Billy Hirschfeld, Ricky Finco, and Matt Calawerts.
AHS also made 9 of their final 10 free throws in the last 1:48 to ice the win.
Arrowhead (17-6) played the game without its leading scorer, sophomore Bryce Nze, who suffered a foot injury in practice this week.
Calawerts led the Warhawks with 15 points. Finco added 14 to that total and Hirschfield had 13.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts