Arrowhead's boys basketball team defeated visiting Waukesha West Friday night, 55-49, in a first round WIAA Division 1 regional game. By winning, AHS earned the right to play at Germantown Saturday night at 7 p.m. in the regional championship game.
The score was tied at 35-35 after three periods and the Warhawks never trailed in the fourth quarter, thanks to some huge baskets by the senior trio of Billy Hirschfeld, Ricky Finco, and Matt Calawerts.
AHS also made 9 of their final 10 free throws in the last 1:48 to ice the win.
Arrowhead (17-6) played the game without its leading scorer, sophomore Bryce Nze, who suffered a foot injury in practice this week.
Calawerts led the Warhawks with 15 points. Finco added 14 to that total and Hirschfield had 13.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts