Arrowhead's boys basketball team defeated visiting Waukesha West Friday night, 55-49, in a first round WIAA Division 1 regional game. By winning, AHS earned the right to play at Germantown Saturday night at 7 p.m. in the regional championship game.
The score was tied at 35-35 after three periods and the Warhawks never trailed in the fourth quarter, thanks to some huge baskets by the senior trio of Billy Hirschfeld, Ricky Finco, and Matt Calawerts.
AHS also made 9 of their final 10 free throws in the last 1:48 to ice the win.
Arrowhead (17-6) played the game without its leading scorer, sophomore Bryce Nze, who suffered a foot injury in practice this week.
Calawerts led the Warhawks with 15 points. Finco added 14 to that total and Hirschfield had 13.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts