The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc boys hockey team defeated No. 8 ranked Waukesha Saturday night at Wilson Park in Milwaukee, 3-1, to earn a berth in Thursday's WIAA state tournament in Madison.
KM/MHS/OHS (15-8-4) will be making its third state meet appearance and first since 2007. The Lasers will play Onalaska (21-3-1) at approximately 8:15 p.m. Thursday at the Alliant Energy Center.
KM got goals from Brandon Beier, Allan Moutvic and Jeff Johnson. Collecting assists were Connor Freeman, Jonathan Carfagna (2) , Alex Manske, Nick Bateson and Beier.
Senior goalie Max LeClaire was outstanding for the Lasers, turning back 34 of 35 Waukesha shots. The winners also got big games on defense from Freeman, Andy Behling, Brock Ellena and Miks Grundmanis.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts