The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc boys hockey team defeated No. 8 ranked Waukesha Saturday night at Wilson Park in Milwaukee, 3-1, to earn a berth in Thursday's WIAA state tournament in Madison.
KM/MHS/OHS (15-8-4) will be making its third state meet appearance and first since 2007. The Lasers will play Onalaska (21-3-1) at approximately 8:15 p.m. Thursday at the Alliant Energy Center.
KM got goals from Brandon Beier, Allan Moutvic and Jeff Johnson. Collecting assists were Connor Freeman, Jonathan Carfagna (2) , Alex Manske, Nick Bateson and Beier.
Senior goalie Max LeClaire was outstanding for the Lasers, turning back 34 of 35 Waukesha shots. The winners also got big games on defense from Freeman, Andy Behling, Brock Ellena and Miks Grundmanis.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts