The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago/Oconomowoc boys hockey team defeated No. 8 ranked Waukesha Saturday night at Wilson Park in Milwaukee, 3-1, to earn a berth in Thursday's WIAA state tournament in Madison.
KM/MHS/OHS (15-8-4) will be making its third state meet appearance and first since 2007. The Lasers will play Onalaska (21-3-1) at approximately 8:15 p.m. Thursday at the Alliant Energy Center.
KM got goals from Brandon Beier, Allan Moutvic and Jeff Johnson. Collecting assists were Connor Freeman, Jonathan Carfagna (2) , Alex Manske, Nick Bateson and Beier.
Senior goalie Max LeClaire was outstanding for the Lasers, turning back 34 of 35 Waukesha shots. The winners also got big games on defense from Freeman, Andy Behling, Brock Ellena and Miks Grundmanis.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts