I am what many would call a "Foodie" - amateurs who simply love food and/or drink for consumption, study, preparation and news.
Now the statement above should make it clear that I do not have any formal training when it comes to food preparation. I have, however, been told that I am a pretty good cook and I hope you enjoy reading this column as much as I enjoy writing it.
Follow me on twitter @Cooks_CornerLCP
My husband loves salmon more than anyone in this family, so I’m always looking for new recipes that he can try (and prepare). This one had the added bonus of having an Asian spin to it so it’s got to be good, right? This is one I’ve yet to try, but I’m banking on it.
Honey garlic grilled salmon
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange juice
¼ cup honey
1 green onion, chopped
1½ pounds of salmon fillets
In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients and mix well. Place the salmon in the bag and close. Turn the bag gently a few times to distribute the marinade. Refrigerate the salmon for 15 to 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
Lightly grease a grill rack to medium heat and remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
Grill the salmon about 12 to 15 minutes per inch of thickness (making sure to turn the salmon about halfway through) or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush the salmon with the reserved marinade up until the last 5 minutes of cooking time then discard any leftover marinade. Serve with a green salad or your favorite vegetables.
For another layer of flavor add a teaspoon of fresh ginger to the marinade.
- Summer in Wisconsin equals chili: Basic chili from leftover taco meat (0)
- Some recipes just scream summer: No bake raspberry lemon bars (0)
- It’s 5 o’clock somewhere: Bourbon Slush (0)
- Not too hot, not too sweet equals just right: Old Settlers Baked Beans (0)
- That's a wrap: Chicken Lettuce Wraps (0)
- Ree’s forgetfulness benefits us all: Coconut Curry Shrimp (0)
- Welcome to Miami: Cuban-style skirt steak with classic sour orange mojo (0)
- If you miss mashed potatoes, try this: Cauliflower Mash (0)
- Trying the low carb approach: Low Carb Pizza (0)
- A taste of Mexico: Camarones (shrimp) a la Mexicana (0)
- More Cook's Corner posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007