A 20-year-old Sussex man was accused last week of having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl and videotaping the act.
The man was charged Thursday, May 8, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assault of a child under age 16 and possession of child pornography. He will not be identified to protect the alleged victim.
According to the criminal complaint, the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department first learned about the alleged assault after the girl went missing in January.
The suspect was interviewed by an investigator as part of the search efforts. He told police in the complaint that the girl had performed oral sex on him on several occassions and in one instance he filmed the act.
Police searched the man’s computer with his permission and did find the video in question, the complaint states. Police also located an image of the girl nude from the waist up on the man’s computer.
The girl was eventually located and told investigators in the complaint that she did engage in sexual acts with the man at his residence.
According to court records, the man was released Monday, May 12, on a $3,500 signature bond and ordered to have no contact with the girl or any other minor females.
He faces anywhere from three years to 65 years in prison and $200,000 in fines if convicted.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Friday, June 6.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts