A sure sign of spring is rummage sales.
And there are several in the area for good causes.
A Rummage Sale for Megan will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 16-18 at W232 N7066 Salem Drive, Sussex. The fundraiser is for Megan, a 7-year-old with cerebral palsy. There will be a bouncy house, food, beverages and bake sale on Saturday and Sunday.
Two churches are having rummage sales.
First Presbyterian Church of Ottawa, Highways D and C, one mile east of Highway 67, will hold its sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 16 and 17. A rummage sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 17 at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 Genesee St., Delafield.
There’s some good food to be had this weekend also.
A fish fry will be served from 5 to 8 p.m. May 16 at Zion Lutheran Church, N557 Main St., Ashippun. The dinner includes all-you-can-eat baked and deep-fried walleye, French fries, potato salad, cole slaw, rye break, dessert and beverage. Chicken nuggets available for kids. Cost is $10, $5 for ages 6-10, free for children 5 and younger.
St Paul’s Catholic Church, Highways 83 and D, Genesee Depot, is having a pulled pork barbecue meal from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18. Dine in or carry out. The meal Includes pulled pork sandwich, potato salad, cole slaw and beans. Cake and beverage included for dine-in meals. Cost is $8.50 pre-order, $9.50 at the door.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts